Salary band £25,000 — £30,000 a year. Full time, permanent.
Job title Content & Social Media Manager
Location We’re flexible. Mostly remote, but possibly with 1 or 2 days in a co-working office space (we’re looking into new London-based places at the moment).
MediaCat Magazine launched in 2021 and is owned by Kapital Media London. It’s an online publication which explores marketing and media change. We focus on brands, the environments where they operate, and the industries that serve them, and report on ideas, trends, and perspectives.
The magazine delves into modern brand experiences, evolving media landscapes, emerging forms of insight, and drivers of social impact. We aim to guide professionals, marketers and business leaders navigating a brave new world. Ultimately, we look at brands, marketing, media, culture and people.
Each month we theme our content and, in 2022, our writers have explored themes which include ‘utopias and dystopias’, ‘love and fear’ and ‘matter and meaning’. We try to tackle big societal and cultural questions, digging into what makes humans tick and what’s important to people at the moment. Our themes are broad yet specific, allowing our writers to approach them in many ways.
In 2022 we also launched a MediaCat Magazine podcast, and have hosted discussions on the nature of fame, creativity, art and commerce, diversity washing, careers and motherhood, and the fluid identities of Gen Z.
You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day running of the magazine’s website and developing, managing and monitoring content distribution and strategy across multiple social media platforms and other digital channels — reporting to the Executive Editor.
Execute the editorial plan daily on MediaCat Magazine’s website, optimizing content (blogs, articles, think pieces, podcasts, interview) with an eye toward increasing reach and engagement
Plan and manage our social media channels, distributing a steady pipeline of content, with an eye toward increasing reach, engagement and referral traffic
Work with the Exec. Editor to produce and send out our monthly newsletter (via Mail Chimp and LinkedIn), with a focus on growing reach, engagement and traffic
Monitor news and trends, suggest content ideas and collaborate with the team to contribute to the writing and editing of content (such as topical news pieces, Q&As, articles, think pieces, possible podcast scripts and questions)
Help develop, implement and refine audience growth strategies across all our channels, monitoring and reporting monthly on website and social media analytics
Attend marketing industry events and develop a network of contacts
Ensure a consistent tone and style is maintained across the magazine and its channels
A basic understanding of UK media, copyright and competition laws
Keep abreast of social media platform changes and shifts in social media audiences, identifying best practice through competitor analysis and other insight
Help develop, implement and refine content distribution and strategy for Kapital Media London’s projects, including events and sponsored content initiatives
What we need from you
- 3+ years of both content-driven marketing (determining an audience and creating content to capture their attention) and social media management (with social analytics experience)
- Solid competency with website CMS systems like WordPress or Drupal
- Competency using email marketing tools (we use Mail Chimp) and experience in creating and publishing enewsletters
- Confident digital content production skills across web, social and other platforms
What we’d like, but understand if you don’t have
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and how to utilize these concepts throughout various forms of outreach
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism, PR or related field
- A good grasp of mainstream and emerging social channels
- Knowledge of the principles of editorial SEO
- An understanding of the global marketing industry and familiarity with business journalism
- Professional certification in Google Analytics
HOW TO APPLY
You can download the job spec below. If interested in applying please send your CV with a short covering letter saying why you’d be great for the role to email@example.com.
Featured image: Yoav Hornung / Unsplash